Nitrogen gas is used for a wide range of industrial applications, from modified atmosphere packaging for perishable food products to preventing fire and explosion in chemical plants. However, while nitrogen is all around us, making up 78% of the air we breathe, obtaining a ready supply of the gas can be problematic and expensive. CATR can offer ideal solutions to your requirements with a comprehensive range of cost effective nitrogen gas generation systems, that enable users to produce their total demand for nitrogen gas, on their premises, under their complete control.
Taking control of your nitrogen supply, rather than relying on a third party, can reduce costs considerably. Cylinders, liquid mini tanks and bulk storage vessels present many on-going costs such as rental, refill and delivery, environmental levy and order processing charges. However, once a nitrogen generation system has been purchased, such costs can be reduced by up to 90%.
An onsite compact gas generation system can be installed quickly easily and with minimum cost and disruption, and requires only a pre-treated compressed air stream to start production. These systems eliminate the need for transportation and storage which are essential for external supplies, so they help to minimise the environmental impact of using nitrogen for industrial processes. Moreover, these systems can help achieve safer working environments as they remove the safety risks concerned with external supplies such as storage, handling and changing heavy, high pressure cylinders.
The Parker range of membrane & pressure swing absorption nitrogen generators can be used in the following industries to name a few:
- Food Manufacturing, including MAP equipment.
- Beverage production, for Blanketing, Sparging, Pressure transfer, Purging, Bottling, Kegging & Packing
- Laser Cutting, including Laser Sintering, Laser Ablation, Laser Eye Surgery.
- Chemical storage, manufacture and packing processes.
- Electronics, including Wave soldering, Selective soldering, Re-flow ovens, IC production, Quartz crystal oscillators, Forming gases, Burn-in ovens, Deionised water storage, Inert storage of components,
- Pharmaceutical, research and academia
- Safety in the oil and gas industry
- Heat treatment in the use of Belt furnaces, Batch furnaces, Vacuum ovens, Brazing, Carburising, Tempering, Annealing, Gas quenching, Neutral hardening, Normalising & Sintering.
- Aviation, civil and military
- Fire prevention and archive protection
- Training and fitness, for reduced oxygen environments